Root Zone Management
IANA is responsible for management of the DNS root zone. This role means assigning the operators of top-level domains, such as .uk and .com, and maintaining their technical and administrative details.
IANA’s Root Zone Database contains the authoritative record of the operators of various top-level domains.
TLD operators can change their delegation details by submitting revised details using our online interface, or via the email template.
Policy, Procedures and Guides
- Domain Name System Structure and Delegation (RFC 1591, March 1994)
- Internet Domain Name System Structure and Delegation (ICP-1, May 1999)
- Other procedures and guides…
DNSSEC Key Signing Key Information
Information regarding our role as operator of the Key Signing Key for the DNS Root Zone.
- Root Zone DNSSEC Trust Anchors
- KSK Ceremony Materials
- DNSSEC Practice Statement for the Root Zone KSK Operator
- SysTrust Certification
- Public Announcement Mailing List regarding KSK activity
Elyssa D. Durant. Ed.M.Research & Policy Analyst