What things are included in my history?
- Browsing & Download History: Browsing history is the list of sites you’ve visited that are shown in the History menu, the Library window’s History list, and the Location bar autocomplete‘s address list. Download history is the list of files you’ve downloaded that are shown in the Downloads window.
- Form & Search Bar History: Form history includes the items you’ve entered into web page forms for Form autocomplete. Search Bar history includes items you’ve entered into Firefox’s Search bar.
- Cookies: Cookies store information about websites you visit, such as site preferences or login status. This includes information and site preferences stored by plugins such as Adobe Flash. Cookies can also be used by third parties to track you across sites. For more info about tracking, see How do I turn on the Do-not-track feature?.Note: In order to clear cookies set by Flash you must be using the latest version. See Updating Flash for instructions.
- Cache: The cache stores temporary files, such as web pages and other online media, that Firefox downloaded from the Internet to speed up loading of pages and sites you’ve already seen.
- Active Logins: If you have logged in to a website that uses HTTP authentication since you most recently opened Firefox, that site is considered “active”. Clearing this logs you out of those sites.
- Offline Website Data: If you’ve allowed it, a website can store files on your computer so that you can continue to use it when you are not connected to the Internet.
- Site Preferences: Site-specific preferences, including the saved zoom level for sites, character encoding, and the permissions for sites (like pop-up blocker exceptions) described in the Page Info window.
How do I clear my history?
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the
For Windows XP: At the top of the Firefox window, click the menu and select . button, go over to the menu and select . menu, and select . menu, and select .
- Select how much history you want to clear:
- Click the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear to choose how much of your history Firefox will clear.
- Next, click the arrow next to Details to select exactly what information will get cleared. Your choices are described in the What things are included in my history? section above.
- Finally, click thebutton and the window will close and the items you’ve selected will be cleared.
How do I make Firefox clear my history automatically?
If you need to clear your history every time you use Firefox, you can set it to happen automatically on exit so you don’t forget.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select menu and then select menu and select menu and select
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history. http://support.cdn.mozilla.net/media/uploads/gallery/images/2011-06-23-05-05-19-7e4dda.png”>support.cdn.mozilla.net/media/uploads/gallery/images/2011-06-23-05-05-19-7e4dda.png” alt=”Custom History Fx 5 – Win” title=”” />
- Check the box for Clear history when Firefox closes.
- To specify what types of history should be cleared, click thebutton next to Clear history when Firefox closes.
- In the Settings for Clearing History window, check the items that you want to have cleared automatically each time you quit Firefox.
- After selecting the history to be cleared, clickto close the Settings for Clearing History window.
- Click to close the Options window to close the Preferences window
How do I remove a single website from my history?
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the button, go over to the menu and select to open the Library window. menu and select to open the Library window. menu and select to open the Library window.
- Search for the website you want to remove from your history by typing its name in the Search History field in the top-right corner and then pressing Enter.
- Then, in the search results, right-click on the site you want to remove, and select .All history items (browsing and download history, cookies, cache, active logins, passwords, saved form data, exceptions for cookies, images, pop-ups) for that site will be removed.
- Finally, close the Library window.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/NZyoI8